Monday, February 8, 2010

C'est la vie...

Yes waiter, I am ready to order... on the menu tonight? My words. OK... I was wrong, a lot of people were wrong. Saints won the Super Bowl. Football season is over and the Colts lost.I don't blame anyone. Though most people immediately began talking about the Colts last two games... (I still think Caldwell made the right decision on benching the starters). I am proud of my Colts. They had a fantastic season and made it to the Super Bowl with a relatively rookie team. I am not bitter, but there are some people and things that just really make me angry.

(Angry manifesto in 3...2...1...) Listening to the commentary after the game of NFL Primetime there was a guy who actually said this..." We were ready to call Peyton Manning the greatest ever if he won this game, but now is he just a guy with one Super Bowl win and a 9-9 playoff record?" (this isn't verbatim...but it's pretty darn close). Um do you want to know how many Super Bowl wins Brett Favre has? 1. How about his post season record... pretty sure it is 12-11. How about Dan Marino? He never won a Super Bowl. Warren Moon, no hardware either.

I am not saying that Manning is the greatest ever, he has a long way to go to get to that stage. But are you really going to call him "just a guy with a 9-9 record". Get real. I will step off my soapbox now before I get really fired up ( I am looking at you bandwagon fans... ).

Regardless of how I feel, congratulations are in order. So, job well done New Orleans, you played the better game. Sean Payton made some genius calls (on-side kick in the third quarter anyone?) and the Saints offense was on fire. Drew Brees played like the "elite" quarterback that he is and has been. There is definitely a new force to be reckoned with in the NFC.


Until next time... C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment