Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mad about you.

If I got paid $91.5 million to play baseball professionally, with other professionals...this is how I would not act.



However, I am not Carlos Zambrano. "Meltdown Man" has struck again... and yet again, his own team mate and a Gatorade dispenser are a target of his frustration. This time however, the Cubs team brass have had enough. Today's temper tantrum has earned this giant man-baby an indefinite suspension.

It appears that Carlos was upset about teammate Derrek Lee's failed attempt to make a play to stop a line drive from White Sox batter Juan Pierre. Both the Cubs and the Sox agree that the play could not have been made. Lee was pinching in preparation for a bunt that never happened.

"Due to the fact he was playing in for the bunt, it limits your range from side to side," Pierre said. "Derrek Lee is a Gold Glover. If he can't get to the ball, then it was a hit."

I would preface the following with a "No offense", except for the fact that I don't care. I find it humorous that Carlos Zambrano is the one blowing his top over missed plays by his team mates. If I am not mistaken... which I am not... wasn't it you, Big Z, who was pulled from your starting position and placed in the bull pen as a reliever because you weren't cutting it as a $20 million a year pitcher? Hey, maybe your frustration would have been lessened by NOT giving up 4 runs in the first (and only) inning that you pitched today. Although, I guess that I would be in a pretty bad mood too if I was pitching with an ERA of 5.66... one of the highest in Major League baseball.

Sure "Sweet" Lou Pinella sent you home early and you are suspended indefinitely. Sure you have to apologize to your team. But guess what.. you make $20 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. I think that the Cubs should take the money remaining in his contract and use it to feed starving children in Africa. Or give it to an under-supported school district. Hey, there are thousands of people along the Gulf coast that could use that kind of money, since they are out of work because of something out of their control. You, Carlos "I blame everyone else but myself" Zambrano... you have control over your job performance. You are whining and crying more than a 6 year old girl because your team isn't winning. You play for the Cubs... WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!?!? You are an embarrassment to yourself, the sport, and the Cubs. And don't you think they suffer enough already? So instead of acting like a spoiled brat, why don't you grow... or buy... yourself a new set of "equipment", man up, and act like the professional you are paid to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment