Friday, January 15, 2010

Everybody's working for the weekend.

With a little over three weeks away from the Super Bowl, the Playoffs are in full swing. Last weekends Wild Card Games were mainly blow-outs, I think this weekend is going to be a lot different. This is maybe the best display of pro quarterbacks in playoff history. Manning, Favre, Warner, Brees, and Romo. It should be a fight to the finish... and here are my predictions for who is going to make it out alive.



Arizona Cardinals vs. New Orleans Saints

I am going to take New Orleans on this one. I Think that Kurt Warner is playing phenomenal ball right now, but after last weekends game... you know, the one where the defense never showed up... I think that the Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are going to take them. The N.O defense is better and I would like to think that they got losing out of their system in the last three games of the system. With that being said however... the Cardinals are going to be feeding off of momentum from last weekend. The Saints could probably use some divine intervention on this one.




Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens

If there is one
thing I am afraid of it is momentum. And the Ravens have it. They just knocked off the once mighty Patriots and will be ready for battle against the well rested Colts. The rest of the country seems to think so too with an NFL.com poll split 50/50 when asked who would win this match up. This is when I am hoping that Coach
Caldwell's decision to bench the starters pays off. But, I am still going to pick the Colts to win this one... and not just because I am a fan. I think that Peyton Manning has a better d-line, and better receivers than the Patriots. The Baltimore defense may keep the score low, but between Manning and Ravens QB Joe Flacco there is no contest. If the Colts defense can stop the Baltimore run game than the game should go their way. I don't think it will be easy, but I think it will be possible. GO COLTS!


San Diego Chargers vs. New York Jets

This one is easy. Chargers are going to easily win this one. I have a feeling that this one will be the only blow out of the weekend. After a shaky start the Chargers found their feet and have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL. It is almost too easy for Phillip Rivers with targets like LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates... the Jets wont be able to defend them.



Minnesota Vikings vs. Dallas Cowboys

I saw how the Vikings played against the Chicago Bears a few weeks ago... it was abysmal. And with the Cowboys being red-hot... I am going to take the Cowboys in this match up. I think that the Dallas Defense will shut down Brett Favre. Old Man Favre is notorious for throwing interceptions while under pressure... as a matter of fact he has thrown more interceptions in his career than any other quarterback in NFL history. I don't think it will be a cake walk for Dallas... but I don't see it going to overtime either.


No comments:

Post a Comment