Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wild Card Weekend is upon us...

Ahhhh.... it is that time of the year, PLAYOFFS! There was a wild crazy wild card race with every team under the sun competing for their chance to extend their season. So here are my predictions for Wild Card weekend.


Saturday Games

New York Jets vs. Cincinnati Bengals
AFC

The voters on the NFL.com poll are split 50/50 about the outcome of this one.
However I am going to go with the Jets.
Carson Palmer has more experience than Mark Sanchez. However the Jets offense has more total yards per game, rushing yards per game, and points per game.
Not to mention the Bengals defense has allowed more total yards per game, more passing yards per game, more rushing yards per game, more points per game, and more third down conversions. I predict a close game... but the jets will be victorious in the end.



Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys
NFC

The playoffs haven't been good to the cowboys over the last few years. And this is a rematch of the Cowboys' 2008 season ender in which the 'Boys got walloped 44-6.
But I am going to go with "America's Team" this year and say that the Cowboys are going to take this one.
The Cowboys, after all, are the team that finally beat a 14-0 Saints team.
BoldNot to mention the fact that just last week the Cowboys beat the Eagles in an embarrassing 0-24 loss. Romo is playing at his best and will hopefully be able to shed his post-season ghosts.


Sunday Games
Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
AFC

If you have read my blog ever then I think it is pretty obvious who I want to lose this game... but I just don't think that it is going to happen. So much to my dismay, I am going to pick the Patriots to win the game. Even without Wes Welker... they still have Tom Brady. There is really no comparison between Joe Flacco and Tom Brady... they are in completely different leagues.



Green Bay Packers vs. Arizona Cardinals
NFC


I love Kurt Warner and I think he is a great QB.... but this is Aaron Rogers' year. I am going with the Packers. The Pack beat the Cardinals last week... but that doesn't factor that much into my decision because Warner only stayed in the game for nine plays. The Packers have a better defense and a better offense with more points scored, more third down conversions, more passing and rushing yards. Again, I think it will be a good game, but in the end... the Cheese Heads will reign supreme.



There you have it... these are my predictions. I wouldn't mind a few upsets, well really just the Patriots. Anyways, stay tuned for complete post-season predictions.
Don't agree with mine? Tell me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment